ENVE Composites M6 Mountain Alloy 31.8mm Stem - 35mm, 31.8mm, +/-0, 1 1/8", Alloy, Black
WHAT IT IS –
A cold-forged then precision machined premium grade aluminum mountain bike stem in both M6 (31.8mm) and M7 (35.0mm) models rated for cross country, trail, all-mountain, enduro and gravity applications.
- Cold-forged and precision machined for maximum strength and weight savings
- Blind bolt holes - Few things are worse than smashing your knee or tearing your shorts on sharp edges or exposed threads. Although more challenging to manufacture, blind bolt holes and soft edges on the back of the stem help to prevent this
- No gap face plate installation - Ensures more even clamping and secure handlebar retention. Clamp area features beveled edges to prevent scoring of sensitive carbon handlebar laminates
- Stainless hardware - Ensures hard wearing, reliable corrosion free performance
- M Series Alloy MTB Stems allow us to bring ENVE engineering, design, and ride quality to a larger audience of mountain bike enthusiasts.
Is Aluminum “ENVE Worthy”?
- Time and again, carbon fiber has proven to be the best material for the products that ENVE choose to manufacture.
- However, ENVE has a long history with aluminum as it is requisite that if you are to be a successful carbon manufacturer, you must first have an intimate understanding of working with aluminum and steel as these materials are what carbon molds are machined from.
- While the M Series carbon stems are absolutely the benchmark for stem performance, the performance gap between carbon and aluminum for stems is slim.
- The M6 & M7 Alloy stems are top shelf in every way and set the benchmark for alloy mountain stem performance.
Model: M6 Alloy