2023 Yeti 160e Complete Turq Series 29" E-Bike - C1 Build, Medium, Turquoise
SHOP WITH 100% CONFIDENCE
- Free shipping on orders over $50
- No hassle returns within 45 days of delivery
- if this product is right for you.
- Found a better price? request A price match
- New E exclusive Sixfinity™ suspension platform, Patent pending
- 6-Bar linkage
- Lower link switches direction similar to Switch Infinity
- Yeti able to tune Sixfinity™ to have thei desired ride characteristics while accommodating the weight and speed that comes with a motor and battery
- The Sixfinity™ suspension layout allows for a stiff supportive chassis for the added E-MTB mass
- First Sixfinity™ platform prototype developed in 2016
SIXFINITY IN MOTION
As the suspension progresses through its travel, the Switch link initially rotates up until it reaches the inflection point. It then “switches” directions and continues to rotate down - creating the unique anti-squat curve as shown below.
As the Switch link rotates upwards, the 160E has a wide and flat band of high anti-squat in the pedaling zone providing a smooth, supported pedaling platform. The Switch link then reaches its inflection point and begins to rotate downwards causing the anti-squat to quickly drop off nonlinearly. This allows the suspension to move more freely from chain forces later in the travel when pedaling is not a priority.
The anti-squat values at sag are optimized at 100%, a lower magnitude than their traditional bikes. This is ideal for the greater acceleration and higher speeds experienced while seated on an E-MTB, finding the ideal balance between stability and traction.
Compared to a traditional bike, a greater range of gears are used when climbing with an E-MTB. Across the entire cassette range there is a very medium change in anti-squat (9%) in the pedaling zone. This is ideal as the suspension performs consistently and predictably regardless of gear choice
Due to the greater mass of an E-MTB Yeti tuned the anti-rise to 65% at sag, a lower magnitude than their traditional bikes. Targeting this anti-rise percent strikes a balance between traction and preservation of geometry while braking. The anti-rise is also very consistent across the entire travel range (8% delta), resulting in predictable geometry and handling in all instances
ADJUSTABLE L E V E R A G E RATE
Sixfinity™ allows for a change to the leverage rate progression, while geometry, anti-squat, and anti-rise remain constant.
Three leverage rate settings are available on the 160E frame. The stock position is 30% providing a balanced ride. For a more supported and efficient feel just flip to the 25% position. For a plusher feel with more pop, flip to the 35% position (this setting is also ideal for a coil shock. A very medium (2mm) travel change occurs between rate change settings.
SUSPENSION PACKAGING FOR E
- Yeti were able to overcome the packaging challenges associated with the added size of the E-Drive unit to allow 160mm of travel, 29” wheels, and still maintain ideal geometry and kinematics
- Mullets are a big trend in e-bikes due to this packaging challenge. Some brands lengthen their chain stays to gain more rear wheel clearance. Yeti designed their bike to have short chain stays and 29” wheels
- Why 29” wheels on the 160E? They’re faster on the race course
- Boost spacing and SRAM UDH hanger
- 446mm chain stay
- Uninterrupted 31.6 seat tube offers great dropper post compatibility
- Rated to Yeti DH testing standards
- Floating collet axles and pinch bolts on the linkage extend bearing life and ensure optimal, consistent alignment
- Custom OneUp chain guide mount
- MD thru XL Mainframes accommodate a standard water bottle while their “hot lap” bottle will fit in a SM frame
- Custom cable ports, captured hoses and housing and ribbed chainstay guards provide a silent ride
- The frame ports are also configurable for clean setup whether you run cabled, wireless or a combination for your dropper and derailleur
- “Moto” brake compatible routing (Left Rear Brake/Right Front Brake)
- Tube in tube routing in swingarm for rear brake, speed sensor and derailleur
- Rear mud fender protects motor and linkage
- Shock drain hole allows water and mud to drain out
- 630-Watt hour battery stock in C and T series builds
- Stock Shimano battery for hassle free worldwide support
- Semi Integrated battery provides for hassle free off the bike charging
- Remote charging port on the non-drive side
- EM-800 mode switch stock in C and T series builds
- EM-800 full color display stock in C and T series builds
- Bluetooth capable for integration with a phone or GPS
- NEW Yeti thermoplastic handlebar with integrated wiring for hassle free use and a clean aesthetic.
- Wire management in Downtube for ease of use
- Max system weight 130KG
- ASTM 4 rating
- TURQ Series carbon fiber frame, Sixfinity™ suspension technology
- E-Specific FOX 38 Performance fork
- In-house custom tuned Float X2 made specifically for the 160E
- 34-Tooth chainring and 160mm crank arms
- Proprietary Yeti E-MTB specific thermoplastic handlebar
- OneUp dropper
- MAXXIS Double Down rear tire and EXO+ front tire
- 220 (F) and 200 (R) rotor
Handling of the this bike is amazing
Amazing bike. Was an easy process to purchase and modify the bike. I went with different rims but not carbon. Customer service was excellent too and felt like I was dealing close by. Delivery was easy and bike was 95% ready on arrival.