LIMITED EDITION – Nickel – Standard Action ReMote
Wolf Tooth Components love their dropper
seatposts. But while the posts themselves are better now than ever before, their remotes still leave much to be desired. The patent-pending ReMote solves all common dropper remote complaints in a compact, ergonomic, and sturdy package.
Beginning with a long list of rider and mechanic requests, the Wolf Tooth team set out to address each and every one. From its hassle-free installation to smooth ball bearing action to engineered failure point, the lightweight ReMote leads in every category.
- UpFront cable fixing: The dropper cable is attached at the lever, making setup and adjustment quick and easy. Simply secure cable at seatpost using stock barrel or cable clamp and route to handlebar for a significant reduction in installation time and frustration.
- Large-diameter ball-bearing pivot: An industry first, the ReMote uses a massive 21mm sealed cartridge bearing for smooth operation and unparalleled modulation.
- Cable-kind clamp: A precision-machined cable path and custom clamping screw with captive washer won't damage cables like more common set screws. As an added bonus, cables can be cut to length and crimped prior to securing.
- Low-profile: The ReMote lever sits close to the bar, minimizing the distance the thumb must be removed from the grip while reducing the likelihood of knee contact in technical terrain and adds a bit of extra length to overcome stiff dropper internals.
- Integrated cable adjustment: The ReMote solidly-mounted barrel adjuster makes on-the-fly adjustments quick and easy while eliminating the rattles caused by common inline cable adjusters.
- Breakaway axle pivot: Crashes are bad, but expensive crashes are worse. That's why the ReMote features an engineered failure point, allowing the lever to break away from its base in the event of a crash.
- High-traction lever: A machined surface ensures that control is not lost, even in the worst of conditions.
- Broad compatibility: The ReMote has been tested and is recommended for use with many cable-actuated dropper posts. See the compatibility section below for details.
- Made in the USA: Wherever the capabilities exist, Wolf Tooth is committed to domestic manufacturing. From lever to packaging, 65% or more of each ReMote is made in the USA
Dropper Post Compatibility:
- Mounting and Standard versus Light Action compatibility charts are below.
- Works with dropper posts that have the barrel end of the cable at the remote and those that have the barrel end at the post.
- If the barrel is normally at the remote, simply clip the barrel off and the cable will be "pinched" at both the post and the remote (no barrel needed)
Mounting Type Compatibility:
- Material - 6061 T6 aluminum with Delrin axle
- Reduces actuation force by roughly 1/3 vs the standard remote. The lever itself is approximately 10mm longer.
- Mounting Types: ReMote 22.2mm - includes hinged handlebar clamp for 22.2mm handlebars. Attach with 1 NM max (it doesn't take much!).
- Weight - 22 (hinged clamp) - 36g
- From lever to packaging, 65% or more of each ReMote is made in the USA.