Specialized Roval Rapide CL II Carbon Front Wheel w/ DT350 Centerlock Hub
SHOP WITH 100% CONFIDENCE
- Free shipping on orders over $50
- No hassle returns within 45 days of delivery
- if this product is right for you.
- Found a better price? request A price match
The all-new Rapide CL II wheelset brings the Rapide CLX II’s speed, efficiency, incredible handling, and stability in any conditions to more riders. Built on the exact same rims as the Rapide CLX II to elevate all this performance with tubeless-done-right technology, the Rapide CL II makes that performance easier to catch at check-out and you almost impossible to catch on the open road.
Deep-section front rims are affected adversely by crosswinds. This negatively impacts handling, in turn causing a rider to slow down. By utilizing the first modeling algorithm designed around riders’ real-world reaction times and validated by on-road testing, we developed a front rim that both reduces drag AND increases stability by 25% in sudden wind gusts compared to our previous 50mm rims.
The rear wheel is the last thing the wind sees, so we developed that rim shape to minimize drag at the trailing edge of the bike. At 60mm deep with a 30mm external width, the Rapide CL II rear rim reduces turbulence and yields the greatest aerodynamic benefit. Since the rear wheel doesn’t affect steering the way the front does, this deep section doesn’t adversely impact handling. Together, they represent the fastest package for real-world race conditions.
The Rapide CL II is hand-built every step of the way, from the initial lay-up to the final tensioning on the nipples. Built on DT Swiss 350 hubs with 36t Star Ractch and Competition Race straight pull spokes, the result is a set of wheels designed as a complete system that weighs just 1590 grams a set, delivering incredible reliability, durability, and performance.
The reduced rolling resistance of a tubeless setup is undeniable, as are the benefits of improved handling and incredible puncture protection. The development of the Rapide CL II involved the most rigorous and extensive engineering and testing program we’ve ever undertaken and resulted in a wheelset that almost doubles current industry impact standards while managing to achieve the lightest weight possible. The Rapide CL II utilizes a hooked rim (allowing for real-world riding pressures up to 110psi, if that’s your thing) for secure tire bead retention and an easier set up and mounting experience than ever before.
- Rim Type: Carbon, tubeless-first clincher
- Spoke Count: Front/Rear: 21/24
- Rim: Rapide CLX Carbon Clincher, 700c, Disc Brake, Tubeless.
- Spoke Type: DT Swiss, Butted J-Bend
- Nipple Type: DT Swiss Pro Lock hexagonal
- Hub: DT Swiss 350 Straighpull Center Lock, Star Ratchet 36t internals (10 degs) , 100x12mm & 142x12mm, Shim. RD. 11SP HG freehub.
- Front Hub: DT Swiss 350, Center Lock, Sealed Cartridge bearings
- Bearing Type: DT Swiss Sealed Steel Cartridge Bearings.
- Rear Hub: DT Swiss 350, Centerlock, Sealed Cartridge bearings, DT Swiss internals, HG Freehub, 142x12mm thru-axle compatible
- No-Fault crash replacement policy. Lifetime warranty.
- Nipple: DT Swiss Hex Prolock Al 2.0x14mm.
- Weight Front/Rear: 690g/844g (Avg w/o tape or valves)
- Weight: Wheelset 1,590g, Front 725g, Rear 865g (including 15g, tubeless rim tape and tubeless valve).
- Extras: Roval Rim Tape, Spare Spoke & Nipple Kit, System Weight Limit: 275lbs / 125kg.