Chris King created their InSet™ family of headsets by applying the legendary form and function of Chris King headsets to fit solutions for a wide variety of tapered and oversized headtubes and steerer tubes being utilized in modern bicycle design.
Built for the next generation of tapered road forks the Chris King InSet™ 8 is built to fit contemporary road and cross bikes that utilize 1-1/8” to 1-1/4”tapered steerer tubes and a 44mm headtube. Our InSet™ 8 combines our exclusive Chris King built bearings and our GripLock® retention system for unequalled riding quality.
- Engineered, manufactured and assembled in Portland, Oregon USA
- King Lifetime Warranty
- Legendary made-in-house bearings
- Patented GripLock® retention design for exclusively dependable headset adjustment
- Responsibly lightweight
- Designed specifically for a 44mm straight headtube and a 1-1/8” to 1.5” tapered steerer tube
- Bearing Type: Cartridge
- Color: Black, Matte Jet, Matte Slate, Silver, Matte Mango, Red, Matte Turquoise, Navy, Violet, Matte Bourbon
- Upper Stack Height: 8 mm
- Lower Stack Height: 14.2 mm
- Crown Race: 33
- S.H.I.S Lower: EC44
- S.H.I.S Upper: ZS44
- S.H.I.S. Stem Clamp Diameter: 28.6 Threadless