If you enjoy working on high end road and mountain bikes and building custom dream bikes this could be the job for you!
Pro Bike Supply is looking for a new head mechanic for our Newport Beach retail store which is located 5 minutes from the beach and 10 minutes from the trails. We operate a small boutique retail store and as our head mechanic you would be responsible for servicing and building bikes as well as being out on the floor and involved in all aspects of customer service and sales.
- Perform all service with the help of assistant mechanics
- Execute all service and repairs at a very high level of proficiency – you must be detail oriented.
- Diagnose bike problems and provide customers with service and upgrade quotes
- Manage the service department and keep all supplies stocked
- Build all high end custom bikes for customers
- Process sales and answer in-store customer questions
You must be able to service and install all the following items at a very high level of proficiency:
- Mechanical and electronic drivetrains
- Bleed hydraulic disc brakes for all major brands
- Diagnose service issues on high end road and mountain bikes
- Install all headsets and bottom brackets
- Install tubular tires in timely fashion
- Intermediate suspension maintenance (wiper seals and damper replacements)
- Wheel truing and spoke replacement
- Wheel building is a plus but not mandatory
We are a very customer service oriented shop so all applicants must have a great disposition and be friendly at all times. We have a lot of regulars who expect same day service so you need to be able to manage expectations while still going out of your way to get those last minutes jobs complete.
To apply for this position fill out the form below or for more information please email Mark at firstname.lastname@example.org.. Prior experience as a head mechanic is not mandatory but you must have experience with all the items listed above.