Chris King DropSet 4, 1 1/8-1.5" 42mm Headset
After making the very best pressed-in headsets for over 40 years, Chris King is releasing the DropSet™ 4 (formerly Dropset 1), the first Chris King integrated headset. This project started from the ground up, beginning with testing to analyze the forces at play in an integrated vs a pressed-in headset design, and discovering the unique problems that needed to be addressed.
The most significant challenge to overcome is that integrated bearings are not pressed into a cup and sit loosely in the frame. When bearings are not pressed securely into a cup they shift and move, rapidly losing preload. As preload drops, the bearings are more susceptible to creaking, damage, and failure.
- Engineered, manufactured and assembled in Portland, Oregon USA
- King Lifetime Warranty
- Legendary made-in-house bearings
- Patented GripLock® retention design for exclusively reliable headset adjustment
- 42mm 45x45 upper and lower bearing
- Compatible with our baseplate and 45 degree integrated crown races